Tuesday 6 December 2016

Light The World!

Hello all!

This week has been pretty swell :) I'm super bad at remembering everything that I do though... so let's see how I do!

Last P day was pretty fun! We played volleyball for like a million years because Sister Greener loves volleyball, I actually enjoyed it too! Who knew, eh? That evening we taught an investigator who is getting baptized this weekend… I think I mentioned him; Tristan. He's like 11 and his parents are members but his birth mom wasn't chill with it ‘til now... but we're excited for him!

Tuesday we did some service in the morning for a less-active lady named Heidi. She had her mom and sister’s house kinda plopped into her lap after her mom died and it was a bit of a hoarders house... she had some pros come clean it up and organize it for an estate sale so we went over here to help with that :) Then we had a lesson with Jeffrey!!! Jeff is just the bomb. He's from South Carolina and he's so funny. He always calls us ma’am and 'the boss ladies'. I love him! People always talked about how they love their investigators like crazy but I didn't understand it ‘til I experienced it! It's totally true BTW.

We also got to visit with this awesome couple named the Capps. OH my gosh! they're so funny. They’re from some mid-western state and they're just total hicks and I love it. Their names are Butch and Bo. I'm serious. They're so good! He's got THE funniest stories. For reals. I also got to meet with my ward mission leader and he is so awesome. I love him. He's pretty young but so dedicated to his calling and he and his wife feed us every week basically... when we have ward correlation with him. He's huge. Like huge, but such a teddy bear.

We got to do some more service at a seniors’ center so that was pretty fun! We got the lunch for them ready and helped clean up and stuff, it was good :) We had our sister training leaders' greenie with us because they were at meetings all day long; she's pretty cool :)

On Saturday we did exchanges with the STLs! I went to Westminster ward with Sister Watson and their trainee. IT was pretty great. I got to meet with some of their investigators and they are so cool! I did miss Sister Greener though! We've gotten pretty tight I guess. :)

Yesterday was fast Sunday and we had the special opportunity to fast with Jeffrey for his first time! He has a couple trials we are trying to help him overcome before his baptism on the 7th of Jan! Cause guess what?? He moved his own date up! A whole month. I'm so proud of him.

This week has been the bomb because we're getting ready for (drum roll please...) CHRISTMAS! I love Christmas. Probably too much. We have been sharing the new Christmas initiative video (Light The World) like crazy and I love it! I really like how it's not just a video you watch and then forget; it is inviting us to act! We need to be the light of the world. Christ was a perfect man, that is something we want become while on the earth, but we can do this! We can serve, we can lift others, we can be the light! I invite you to watch the video and make a commitment to serve during this Christmas season. 25 ways, over 25 days. Let's light the world!! :)

I love you so much and I will send pictures in a bit.... I have to use a different computer for that lol


Love, Sister Holt.
Check out the Light The World Video at: https://www.mormon.org/


or watch it on youtube: #lighttheworld

Sister Greener, Sister Holt, Jeffrey

Sister Greener, Sister Holt, Mirian

Sister Holt at Holt and Beach

Did I mention I'm in SoCal? :) 

Merry Christmas!

Straight out of Bethlehem




No comments:

Post a Comment