Monday 5 June 2017

DICE

Hey! Sorry I don't have a lot of time to write this week!

We have seen so many miracles this week! We found 5 awesome new investigators; Terry, Jasmine, Darreyl, Harris, and DICE.

Terry and DICE were probably our biggest miracles! Terry we met as we were visiting another investigator who wasn't home. We contacted Terry as he was walking past and we invited him to read a restoration pamphlet and we asked if we could come back another time to see how he liked it and discuss it. He accepted. When we went back over a couple of days later, he had read and actually studied it! It was so awesome! He knew everything about the priesthood authority and apostasy and dispensations, it was really cool! He has also done some online research about Joseph Smith, and he did it properly! We are very excited to work with him.

Then there was DICE. We found DICE when we were trying to see a different potential whose apartment number we couldn't find. Instead of giving up we decided to knock on one of the doors and ask. Then we found DICE. He said he was very intrigued by our message about prophets and invited us back to tell him more about it. The following lesson was probably the best one I have ever been blessed to be a part of. It was so powerful! We took our time teaching him the restoration and every couple minutes he would just sit back and exclaim, "Father God, I know this must be a sign from you!" It was a really cool experience, an absolute miracle. He wants so badly to read the Book of Mormon but he said he already knows this is the truth. He actually said he wasn't going to even refer to Mormonism as a religion, just "the truth".

I also got sick this week, but we simply have no time for me to rest and I had no medicine or money to get some... so I got my first blessing as a missionary. I don't know why I think I can do everything all on my own, 'cause I can't. Yeah... my district leader was actually the one who told me I should get one (and Sister Biberston) because I didn't want to get one... but I’m so glad I did.  It was a really cool experience that maybe I'll tell you about another time haha

Also Jeremy and Alyssa came to church this week so that was super awesome! Jeremy is ready to get back on the wagon, he is so determined to be baptized! I am so excited for all that is happening here!

I love you!  The Church is TRUE!


Sister Holt

No comments:

Post a Comment