Monday 29 August 2016

Harvest!

Hello family!!

This week has FLOWN by! Where has the time gone?! So much has happened but it all kinds mushes together haha. Lots of lessons - lots of learning! I was released as Sister Training Leader yesterday, and as much as I loved the opportunity to serve; I'm okay with the relaxation I've been able to have. It seems so weird that tomorrow I'll be getting on a plane, flying back to where it all started: Southern Alberta! Everyone keeps thinking that I'm sad to be going there but I know that if God wanted me to have a visa - I would have a visa. There is no such thing as a coincidence and our God is a God of miracles. I can't wait to go and find out why I have been called to serve in Calgary.

This week I have really been trying to focus on humbling myself, submitting myself to Heavenly Father and letting Him in. It's hard for me to realize that I can't do everything on my own; that it's not about how strong I am, It's about how strong I can BECOME through God. I am so blessed to have such a strong family at the MTC. My district, we really have become a family! The Farmington, New Mexico elders left this morning. It's definitely a lot quieter, without the colourful Elder Rigby. We work together like a family, we study, and read the Book of Mormon and kneel to pray. I am going to miss these diligent servants of the Lord something fierce. I know that they are going to be freaking awesome missionaries. I know that their testimonies will bring MANY unto Christ!

 So we have an inside joke kinda thing is our district. When someone throws shade or burns them, we call it a harvest (this came from Elder Luddington.) So we were in the store and we saw these HARVEST pins and necklaces. Well of course we all had to get one! They're so awesome! So I took some pictures of all of us, individually, with our HARVEST pins and necklaces and I think they're pretty sweet. We do joke about the harvest thing, but for me the pin serves another purpose as well. As said in D&C 4: the field is white. It is ready to harvest. I know that God is preparing people for me to bring the Gospel to. I know I'm supposed to be here! I am so glad to have this time to serve him with everything I have!

I honestly can't really remember too much of what I've done this past week- as I said it flew by! It feels like my last P day was yesterday!

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that a couple weeks ago we got to hear from Bonnie L. Oscarson! It was so awesome! We always have exceptional devotionals- twice a week :)

Also on Saturday we had a district volleyball tournament! It was probably the most fun I have ever had playing sports. And you know what? I didn't even suck too bad! I love having the opportunity to take care of myself not only spiritually everyday, but also physically! I have actually never had such a good time taking care of this temple God gave me as I have on the mission!

Oh yeah! I saw Elder Sulzen and Elder Ellis and even Sister Burgess (from YSA) here at the MTC! It was so great; I was starting to feel left out because everyone and their dog went to high school with each other here since they're all from Utah!

I will send pictures! I dont know if you want the individual ones of my district but I'm going to send them anyways 'cause I took them and they're nice and I love them :)

I love you so much!

Sister Holt​


District with President Kezerian, their branch president.

No comments:

Post a Comment