Monday 4 December 2017

Transfers!

Well transfer calls have come and gone and... I'm staying again! 


Juuuust kidding ;) I am bring transferred to the Mar Vista YSA ward in Whittier and I am also training, so I will be white washing for the first time since the beginning of my mission and in a YSA ward for the first time ever! I am so excited that I get to have such a great adventure for my last 2 transfers :D 

Lakewood 4th has been so good to me; physically and spiritually. I have learned so much here about the Gospel, people, myself, and my Heavenly Father! 

This week has been Great! We found 7 new investigators! I was inspired after exchanges on Tuesday to get out of the car and walk a little bit more! This led to us street contacting 4 great young men in 2 days who are interested in learning more about the Gospel! Blessings! 

Speaking of exchanges, they were Great! Sadly, my sister training leaders were switched and so no last exchange with sister Allen before she goes home on Tuesday... but happily, my new sister training leaders were sister Mitchell and sister... Rhoton! My MTC companion! It was really great to be with her for the day :) I realized how I am barely the same person I was at the beginning of my mission haha. She would be recalling memories and say, "do you remember when you did this crazy thing" or "said this crazy thing?" And I would just be shocked as I looked back. The Gospel certainly is a gospel of change and I am so grateful for that! 

An awesome miracle we saw this week was finding Anthony! Well, I guess we didn't actually find him, some other missionaries did and then they sent his referral information to us :) He is 16 years old and so open to the Gospel! Sister Polaulu and Sister Badger will have a great time with him :) 

Saturday morning our ward had our Relief Society Christmas breakfast and our investigator Maria came! She absolutely loved it and made some good friends, she also took a calendar and is planning on coming to every activity:D 

In the evening we had a lesson with Bill and Mark, we taught more about the priesthood to help them prepare for the interview, it went very Well! 

Sunday was Stake Conference and Elder Kearon of the Presidency of the 70 was there, it was super Great! He talked about letting go, forgiving, and not worrying so much! 

I know the Church is true! I know that God does inspire, call, and ordain men to lead and guide his people in every age, including this one! 


Sister Holt 






Hahaha - snowy trees is SoCal

with Maria at the Relief Society breakfast

the district
teaching someone over the phone in the car
goodbye to Dice

Cuban food!





No comments:

Post a Comment