Monday 18 December 2017

Tender Mercies

Hello all! 
This week has been wonderful, just like all the other ones :) We found 2 new investigators, both by the grace of God! This week I have just been so aware of just how involved God is in this work. 

The first new investigator was Ray. We found him when we were contacting some less active referrals from the Bishop. The woman we were looking for had moved and Ray had just moved there 3 weeks ago! He said he was interested in going to some of our activities and learning more of our message :)

The other tender finding mercy was Aaron! One of our investigators didn't show up to Church so we went over to his place after; he was sleeping, haha. There was a former investigator near by we felt prompted to see, and it was Aaron! He is really nice :) God is just so good! 

We were also able to walk with our investigator Savanna to church this Sunday. She enjoyed my surprise lesson in Relief Society about the Atonement. I was glad she enjoyed it because I had about 5 minutes to prepare for it haha, but I could talk about Jesus Christ and the Atonement all day long! So it was great, I am very glad I had the opportunity. 

Another tender mercy happened when we were dropping off a 12 days of Christmas present for a member to another member in a family ward. She asked us to come inside and something said to go in! We did and long story short she ended up having some referrals for us to stop by! 

I'm going to be honest, we don't really know what we are doing, haha. I have just been praying for God to guide our little steps. You don't really need to know the big picture, if you trust in God He will guide you little bit by little bit. It has been amazing to see that happen in our area this week! 

Also... I got pretty sick this week. So that wasn't awesome but I'm better now :) 

ALSO! Elder Kearon from the presidency of the 70 came to the mission last week and we had an awesome Zone Conference with him! It was amazing. The goals I have set from this conference are to treat invitations to those we teach as gifts! To be more personal in sharing my testimony and to ATTACK THE MORNING! Start the day off right-pray meaningfully, work out energetically, eat healthy, study intently! I have been trying to apply this and I have already started to see the blessings that have come! 

We have had a couple of lessons with our investigator Eddie, he can be kind a goofy sometimes but at least once a lesson, we are able to kinda cut through that and teach something, as guided by the spirit, that touches him. He gets all quiet and serious and it is awesome. 

Also, another miracle! This morning we went out to breakfast with some other sisters and a sweet anonymous family paid for our food. I almost cried, legit haha 

When people find out how long I have been out I usually get questions like, "what is the worst thing that has ever happened on your mission?" I can honestly say it takes me a minute to think about it, and then I usually come up with a lame story because I really don't remember the bad parts! My days are filled with way too much AMAZING to leave any room for lingering bad. 

I love this work. I love my Saviour, I know the Church is true. 

Sister Holt 
Sister Holt and Sister Herrera

Sister Biberston and Sister Holt at Zone Conference

Whittier! In La Habra Heights



1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas Sister Holt! I always enjoy reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete