Monday 11 December 2017

Mar Vista!

Hello all!
This has been a wonderful and challenging week- which was exactly what I needed! I love nothing more than being "anxiously engaged in a good cause," and there certainly isn't any time right now for anything else haha!
So our new area is all of the Whittier stake, which is the biggest one in the mission, so it's a pretty big area haha. I really do love it here though! They have these cute little "mountains," really just hills, but I like being up there because there are less people and it feels a little more like home!
Also my new companion is pretty cool! Her name is Sister Herrera, she is from Coeur D' Alene, Idaho. We pick up the new missionaries Wednesday now because they come in later on Tuesday. So, before I got her I still had to leave Sister Polaulu and go to the Santa Gertrudes ward with Sister Hicks! It was great :)
We have already seen so many miracles! We found (kinda) 7 investigators! But really just 5 because 2 of them gave us bad numbers and didn't show up to their appointments... but still 5 is awesome!
We also got to meet with some of the members and they are really great :) also! Jose got baptized! haha we met him at his baptismal interview... but it was really great, he got confirmed on Sunday and we will be seeing him later this week to start some family history and his after baptism lessons. They also have some other really great recent converts I can't wait to work with.
Also this week, I passed out! It was super weird. We were teaching a lesson to our investigator Julius and we were walking back to our cars and all of a sudden I felt super yucky and my vision was going dark and the next thing I know I am waking up from what felt like a nice cat nap buuuuut I'm on the pavement haha. It felt weird, but it was good :) I got some taco bell after and I was right as rain!
We also got to speak in church on Sunday, and teach gospel principles. The second one was kinda a surprise but it turned out great! 
I know there is more... but I left my journal at home haha I will be better next week!
I love you so much! I will pray for you if you pray for me ;) kidding! I pray for you always!
The Church is absolutely true!!!

Sister Holt 

No comments:

Post a Comment