Monday 23 October 2017

Transfers!

Hello all! 

It was the last week of the transfer and last night we got our transfer calls and...............I'm staying for a 5th transfer in Lakewood 4th with sister Polaulu! We are happy, we get along pretty well and we are having a lot of fun and getting a lot of work done! 

The highlights of this week were probably going to the Temple to do baptisms with Alyssa, who got baptized in September, and Sunday:) 

Tuesday afternoon we went to the Newport Beach  Temple to accompany Alyssa as she was baptised for her Grandmother. It was a very special experience! The spirit was crazy strong and when we talked about it with her on Thursday at our lesson, she said she felt it was very special to be able to help her Grandma receive the ordinances of baptism and confirmation.

Other than that, we have just been spending the week doing the usual; finding, teaching and preparing people for baptism! We had some good lessons with Bill, Mark, Tom, Valda, Rueben, and a few others. 

On Sunday, Bill, Mark, and brother Toliseli came to church and later that evening we had our new weekly family home evening with the Toliseli family. This week we taught the Restoration and focused on how our families are blessed through the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. Sister Toliseli shared her powerful testimony at the end in Tongan so her husband could better understand. I couldn't understand the words of course, but I definitely understood the spirit of it. 

I am so grateful for this Gospel, I don't know what I would do without it. The thought that anyone might go their whole life without getting the chance to hear and accept it hurts me almost as much as the thought of people hearing the message and not accepting it. 

I know without a doubt that God does answer prayers. If we are in the dark or if we "lack wisdom " it is because we are choosing to be there. Our living Heavenly Father has made it very clear that if we seek, we shall find. If we knock, it will be opened. If we ask, we will receive. I know that answers come to the hearts of man by the power of the Holy Spirit. I know this because that is how I have received my witness and it is how I am guided and led in this work, from dawn to dusk (literally). 

I will be eternally grateful for the absolute gift I have been given of have the privilege to serve a mission for my God. 

I love you all dearly! The church is true! 

Love, Sister Holt.




This kid in our ward actually kinda freaked me out when we were driving at dusk and I saw him just standing super still in the middle of the road, so we took some pictures with him haha 

The sisters is the Norwalk ward had this sweet cut out from their Halloween party!


Sister Toliseli made us our own lavalavas!





No comments:

Post a Comment