Monday 16 October 2017

Mattie!

Hello all! It has definitely been an exciting week over here in Lakewood California! 

Of course, Las Tuesday we went to the L.A. temple and it was amazing!!! I am such a lucky sister to be so close to 2 gorgeous temples. 

The rest of this week we did the usual, find, teach, baptize. Haha the highlight of the week was definitely mattie's baptism!! She is so, so special and i can't wait to see all of the wonderful that she will accomplish in her life with the help of the gospel. I have been BLESSED to have been a part of her teaching from beginning (pretty much) to the not quite end... Well til her baptism anyways because the end doesn't exist! The gospel is an eternal pursuit! 

Man, I just love being a missionary so much. I don't think I ever want to leave, I finally found something I'm kinda okay at haha. I have never experienced anything so rewarding or worthwhile as serving the Lord as one of his representatives. I have had the extraordinary privilege of being able to live and breathe the spirit of God and I never want toy let that go! 

Folks, if I can give you one piece of advice it would be that NOTHING in this entire world or the next will ever be worth compromising tour standards and looking the influence of the spirit in your life. I can testify of that from the very depth of my soul. Galatians 5:25 says 25 "If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit." Never be weary of well doing! 

Oh yeah funny story from at the baptism... after everyone had left we had to drain the font but someone.... don't know who but someone accidentally broke the chain to the plug so someone, me I am the someone haha, had to go into the don't and unplug it... it was a real awkward situation haha but at least it was at the end of the night! 

Also I got stung by a wasp for the first time, on my hand... so that was great haha

Sunday morning I sang it church again! Weird how the same investigators that came last time, came this time... but they haven't come any other times.... 

Sunday evening we also got to do Family home evening with a part member family in our ward and it was a really special experience. They are very special and i am so blessed to be here. 

Brothers and sisters, God is so good. Never forget that! 

Love, Sister Holt 






No comments:

Post a Comment