Wednesday 11 October 2017

Temple Tuesday!

Hello all!! Sorrynotsorry that I am emailing today because we went to the L.A. temple!!! Yay! It is so huge and beautiful! I am so glad I had the opportunity to feel the sweet spirit that comes as we enter the house of the Lord. 

This week has been crazy! Monday we started off by having an evening of finding! We decided to go stop by a bunch of former investigators and long story short we found 3 new investigators! They seem very promising, I'm not really sure why they stopped meeting with missionaries but I am excited to teach them! But boy did I pay for that night later! We walked for all 3 hours of the evening and apparently I'm getting old because my back and my right hip were killing me the next couple days haha I guess I should probably stop carrying around all my scriptures in my back pack......... which brings me to the next exciting thing that happened this week, we got our phones!! Yay! They are seriously such a blessing in the work! We are able to reach so many more people way easier and often. Our purpose has been and always will be to "teach repentance and baptize converts" and I know this is going to help us out with that. We are also testing out a new area book app so no more area books! Or planners! But it also means that we have to manually enter 2 binders worth of records haha. 

We taught some pretty great lessons this week, I was happy we were able to stay busy and productive. Something I have found with this new way of proselyting is that it leaves more room for spiritual guidance. I feel like I have more room to discern where we need to be instead of feeling like we need to be at a specific place because we planned for it that morning, I like it a lot :)

Also 4 people came to church!! Yay! We held a church tour Saturday night and apparently people here really don't like those because no one showed up again haha but it's okay because Bill, Mark, Lori, and Mattie came to church! And Mattie is officially getting baptized this Saturday at 7! We are also going to be going to the temple with Alyssa to do baptisms next Saturday so it will be a very good day. 

Yesterday was exchanges in Whittier and there was a big fire in Anaheim so the sky was all smoky, it was crazy! 

I love exchanges! I learn so much! I want to work on setting more meaningful  goals more often. We set some at the beginning of the day, in the middle and in the evening and it was really great for keeping us focused and working hard til the very end of the day. 

And today was the temple! We left at 6 and we got stuck in the L.A. traffic and didn't get there til 8:30... which was half an hour too late for our 8am session... so we waited for the 9:15 session which was ok by me because i got to do some innitiatories while we waited! 

I love the temple, you learn something new every time! This time it stuck out to me just how exactly obedient Christ is to the Father. What a wonderful example! I hope I can more fully emulate that quality. "When obedience ceases to be an irritant and becomes our quest, godliness is made manifest.." or maybe it's righteousness... not sure but I love that quote and it is so true! 

Well I love you a lot! Don't forget, the church is so true! 

Sister Holt


No comments:

Post a Comment