Tuesday 14 February 2017

Transfers :(

Hello all!

This week will be short- It's a holiday so we only have an hour in the family history centre this week.

This week flew by way too fast, and we were CRAZY busy. We actually found 3 new investigators this week- which was awesome! One of them is named Alisa, she's 17 and she has looked into our church before, but things didn't really pan out- but she seems really into it now. She has a ton of questions, which is always good :) Also a less-active member's son's wife is interested in learning more! She's Japanese and pregnant with their first baby. She's very shy but super sweet! Then there's Gabriel, he is a less-active member's brother. He just got out of jail but is seeming to want to turn his life around. He is very genuine and has a strong belief in God. SO all three are pretty different, but all have amazing potential!

We also had 3 investigators come to church yesterday which was awesome!!! Every week, almost all of our 12 investigators say they will come to church, and we usually only get 1....... yeah...... but this time 3 came! We were very happy and we had a great lesson about the fall of Adam and Eve in Gospel principles. I am so thankful for the knowledge I have thanks to the Book of Mormon and modern revelation! I know we have a living prophet on the earth and that he loves us and cares about our welfare. I know he, and the apostles, are special witnesses of Jesus Christ. I just want to tell everybody about the great news we have; the gospel! It makes me think of one of my favourite chapters, alma 29. 

 that were an angel, and could have the wish of mine heart, that might go forth and speak with the trump of God, with voice to shake the earth, and cry repentance unto every people!
 Yea, would declare unto every soul, as with the voice of thunder, repentance and the plan of redemption, that they should repent and come unto our God, that there might not be more sorrow upon all the face of the earth.
But behold, am man, and do sin in my wish; for ought to be content with the things which the Lord hath allotted unto me.
Anyways, as you can probably tell from the subject of my email, we have transfers this week. Sister Greener is leaving me and she is going to Compton! So I guess they do send white Sisters there... pray for me. And her. Hahah, just kidding, kind of. I am staying here in the Beach ward, but I am training a new missionary! I am pretty nervous but I know that even though I may feel inadequate, I am not what I can make of myself, I am what God can make of me. If not, man I would not have lasted this long! There's a quote from an adress from a BYU President... something Worthin or something... anyways, its called failing successfully and theres a quote in there that says,"too often we ask ourselves, am I good enough. The real questions is; is God good enough?" I can testify that He is. He is good enough to make the impossible, possible. I love Him and I know he loves me, and you. Individually and perfectly. I won't stop trying to tell people that til the day I die, and even then I will preach it in the spirit world!

Love, Sister Holt
Sister Holt, Sister Greener, Brother and Sister Capp



No comments:

Post a Comment