Monday 21 August 2017

No Name

Hey! Sorry I couldn't think of a clever email title...

This week was fairly standard, not a lot really stuck out I guess...it was a good week! Just not an extraordinary week, haha. 

Some highlights include, but are not limited to: Alyssa's baptismal interview, a great lesson with Mattie, doing family history work with Calvin, meeting with Alex, Jeremy getting out of the hospital, singing in sacrament meeting, and Edward coming to church. 

Other than that, I have to be honest, pretty standard week... We were expecting (meaning they confirmed with 72 hours) about 10 investigators to come to church... but it's fine... no really I have learned not to let disappointments discourage me! Because discouragement weakens faith, and you best believe I need all the faith I can get!

We also found 10 new investigators, which was nice :) I would say on average about half the investigators we pick up end up being serious about it, so we will hopefully see some people progressing pretty soon! Not to mention both Alyssa and Calvin have moved their baptismal dates to September 2nd, so that will be cool!

Alyssa came to church, without her brother Justin actually, he went to YSA which was the first time she has done that and she went to Young women's! Yay! Edward and Tom and Valda came just after the sacrament was administered.... so that was sad but at least they came and Edward stayed ‘til the very end! It is really great when he goes to Elders’ quorum because there is only two that regularly attend and then two that kinda come on and off.... so he is a great addition! Now if only he would get baptized so he could receive a calling... hmmm maybe we could suggest that he get a calling without getting baptized, kind of like an unofficial one.

We actually found a good deal of our investigators this week either through former investigators or they were family members of investigators we picked up in the last little bit. It has kinda taught me that you never know exactly why God tells you to do something, a prompting I mean. There is always a reason, He has a bigger, better plan than we do! Maybe we needed to go see that person or knock on that door for their neighbor or their daughter. It reminds me of Elder Rasband's most recent talk in conference about when he felt the need to stick his foot in that one lady's door, it wasn't for the lady but for her daughter! "First promptings are pure inspiration from heaven." Boy, I know that's true. Remember to always "doubt your doubts before you doubt you faith!" Don't stop to question whether or not it is a prompting, if you have the Spirit and you feel compelled to do something good, just do it! Something as small as a smile or a compliment can make someone’s day :) I have been working on developing faith lately, trusting the Lord's plan so I have been pondering the scripture in Proverbs 3:4-5 I think lately.... "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding, in all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths." That's what I am working on for myself and it is what I have been called to do every day! To help people "come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ..."

I love you all dearly and I pray for you always!

The church is true!


Sister Holt

With the Vaughn family


Practicing for the eclipse








Out for their morning run










No comments:

Post a Comment