Monday 20 November 2017

One Lucky Girl!

Hello family!! 

This week has been wonderful as always, the work is stabilizing, getting to a comfortable and yet engaging pace... so naturally I'm trying to figure out ways I can stop that from happening haha. Something I remember my friend Emma telling me at the beginning of her mission was that there is no comfort in a growth zone and there is no growth in a comfort zone. We will see what God and I can come up with this week to shake things up haha.

Monday night we found 2 new investigators, Hector and Michael. We have had return appointments with both and I see a lot of potential with them! I'm excited to continue to meet with them :) 

Tuesday we had lessons with Alyssa, Vaiola, Bill, and Mark. Vaiola also came to the Relief Society service project with us, and Maria, one of the people we are teaching, came as well. 

Wednesday we taught Mattie the Plan of Salvation as part of her new missionary lessons. It was a really wonderful, powerful lesson. I love it when I am able to teach by the Spirit in such a way that I say things I didn't even know I knew haha, that's what this lesson was like. Something amazing happens when you recognize Heavenly Father work through you for the salvation of one of His children. Mattie really is so special, I am so blessed to be able to know her! She is growing so strong in her knowledge and conviction of the Gospel and love for the scriptures and Heavenly Father. 

Thursday, we had Zone Conference which was so needed, as always. What really hit me was the discussion of faith. Faith is a power that makes things happen that need to happen. Sometimes I leave the miracle of conversion entirely up to the investigator thinking, well all I can do is invite... which is true to a certain degree. But when I think of King Mosiah' s faith... that was converting faith! It was because of his faith, not his sons' or Alma's, but his faith, that they had that remarkable experience of being called to repentance and changing their hearts. 

I love everything about being a missionary, the ups and the downs. I have never learned so much about the Gospel, life and myself as I have these past 15 months. 

Also I'm super lucky because I have had the honour of serving with an amazing sister for almost 3 months now. It is a real blessing to be able to spend everyday teaching and learning with sister Polaulu. She really is one of my very best friends and I am grateful 😊

On Saturday we got to go to the Family History center with Bill and Mark! Bill really liked it! I think we will be going back :) they are very excited for their baptisms this Saturday! And so am I! Later we also went to a ward dinner with them. 

Sunday... no one came to church unfortunately :( Bill and Mark had a friend have an emergency they needed to attend to so, we missed them. 

After church we saw Maria, Alex and the Toliselis though :) we kinda had a break through with brother Toliseli, thanks to Sister Polaulu! She followed the Spirit like a pro and taught a little bit right to him in Tongan. We will be meeting with him one on one now as well as with the family! 

I know this is the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ! I love sharing it with everyone who will listen! 

I love you all like crazy, 
Sister Holt 





No comments:

Post a Comment