Tuesday 18 April 2017

Easter/Birfday/Temple Tuesday!

Hey all!
Sorry I didn't write yesterday, our Pday was today because we went to the Newport Beach Temple!!!! It was soooo amazing :) But that also means I don't have a ton of time...
So this week has been the second week in a row that Sister Sherknas and I have ALMOST hit standards of excellence, but this week is going to be our week!!! Highlights of the week were probably holding an FHE with Gabriel and his family, meeting Gerardo and picking him up as an investigator, meeting Nancy and picking her up as an investigator, meeting Leileen and Laura and picking them up as investigators (it's been a good week), zone conference!, a really wonderful lesson with a young investigator named Alisa, a lesson with another young investigator named Meghan and her dad who has been opposed to her meeting with missionaries in the past  (it went pretty well!), and teaching Gabe more about the priesthood! It's definitely been a busy week (always), which I love!
On Sunday it was my birthday (yay) and EASTER! It was a really wonderful day! I got to wake up to an Easter basket ad presents laid out by my lovely companion because she wanted me to be surprised (aww). We got to go over to the Mata's house (Gabe) and meet their grandparents! Gabriel was very excited for us to meet them, it was nice. We had dinner at the Phillips home, it was suuuper delicious.
Yesterday, we had a great lesson with Karie about setting goals and overcoming obstacles, she is very excited to set new goals to help her quit smoking! Something I have learned this week is that there is absolutely no use in getting discouraged or upset; where is that going to get you? Not to the next step, not to improvement, or happiness. We have to let go of the things we cannot control, including our mistakes and the mistakes of others. There really is no use crying over spilled milk. You gotta put your big boy pants on and get to work! There is a quote in PMG that I love, it says something along the lines of : WORK, WORK, WORK, there is so substitute, especially in missionary work.
This morning we had the opportunity to go to the temple! I haven't been in so long and I didn't even realize how much I missed it until I sat down in the room waiting for the session to begin. I almost started crying just because I remembered how blessed I was to live in Cardston before coming out here and being able to attend the temple twice a week. It was a breath of fresh air when we started, I felt at home for the first time in a while. Not the kind of at home you feel when you finally get to the apartment after a long day’s work; home like getting a hug from your mom or getting an answer to a prayer, it's definitely the best kind of home :)

I love you! The Church is true!!

Mandy, Kerry, Sister Sherksnas and Sister Holt


loquats - they are super yummy

Newport Beach Temple

With Sister Training Leaders
Watch tan line




No comments:

Post a Comment